Thursday, December 10, 2009

6. Course Reflection and Criticisms

Formal
Reflection


This class forced me to stray from my dominantly abstract and expressionist style to more linear and functional graphics. I highly enjoyed working on the Not-for-profit website because I got a chance to help an organiziation I love, and experiment with a new and open graphic style. I had no knowledge of dreamweaver or fireworks coming into this class but I now feel confident in my ability to work with the basic functions of both programs. I found Mr. Armstrong to be very easy to talk to and informative. Mr. Armstrongs expectations were clearly stated in Blackboard and all assignment instructions were easy to find.

Informal
Reflection

The class was easygoing and fun. Naturaly, all assignments were expected to be turned in but the preasure and intensity of working on them was absent. Chuck was humorous as he was informative and explained things in a way I could understand them. I enjoyed working on the assignments and the in-class critiques actually helped me become aware of problems with my work. I enjoyed hearing Chuck rant about the cone coming up on campus and his plots to turn it into his office.

Criticism

The assignments from the book were a little dry and I had a hard time retaining any information given from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment