Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Project 1 Art Club Layout: Finalized

Photobucket

What I wanted to do,What I did, Why I did it, and What I could have done

  1. What I wanted to do
In keeping with the majority of my previous works, I wanted to this composition to have a professional appearance. In the past I've created such an appearance by keeping my designs sterile and simple, using minimalism on my images of simple subject matter, imposing strong horizontals, and using what I have designated as "traditional colors" (Red yellow and blue).

The main feature of this design is the strong horizontal lines and shapes.
  • The text acts as the strongest horizontal and it is supported by the title and upper right image. In order to keep the viewer focused on the text, a powerful vertical barrier (image on the left) combines with the title and upper left image to frame the text.
  • To keep the title interesting I placed an image under the “A” in Art for no other reason than improving aesthetic value. Because the text needs to be the “first read” of this composition, I gave it highlights to make it unique from the rest of the visual elements
  • The background image makes the negative space interesting and unites the rest of the images with a common theme.

If I wasn't concerned with a professional appearance as my main goal, the project would look like this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment